Start Time: Friday, June 25, 2010 at 10:00am
End Time: Friday, June 25, 2010 at 2:00pm
Location: The Rock Church (click here for directions)
Street: 5515 West Highway 192
City/Town: Kissimmee, FL
Osceola County, Florida – On Friday, June 25, 2010, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., a ground-breaking, collaborative effort titled “192 Operation Outreach” will change the lives of hundreds of low income families and families at risk of homelessness in Kissimmee. Over 45 community providers consisting of local government, social services, community-based, and faith-based agencies, will participate by providing information, resources, and assessments to empower families and individuals toward self sufficiency.
Highlights of the event include:
- The launching of a housing initiative to stably house over 100 families. Families that are assessed and eligible can qualify for housing, utility assistance, low income housing referrals, or emergency assistance.
- Free vaccination and health screenings through mobile units and health stations.
- Employment opportunities – Workforce Central Florida Mobile Unit and other potential employers will be present to provide services and referrals.
- Access applications for food stamps – On-site screenings and processing.
- Free Resources for children, such as bicycle helmets, books, T-shirts and much more.
- Osceola County’s food pantries – food assistance